Thursday 30 October 2008

Hammalawa Saddhatissa, a Father of Buddhist Ethics

Now that I'm working again on my thesis (for real this time, really... really!), I should be posting more on that topic here.

One thing I'm working on is using wikipedia and wiki software elsewhere to develop and store my knowledge-base. I'll keep you updated on how that works out. For now, here is my first entry on wikipedia (it's on Hammalawa Saddhatissa, a Sri Lankan Buddhist monk an author of Buddhist Ethics, 1970):As Wikipedia is open to all, feel free to go in and add or change things that need changing. It is, as you will see, very bare-bones now, as I don't know much about the life or teachings of Saddhatissa (beyond what could be found in/on the cover of his book) and couldn't find much on the web.

And yet it is expanding even as I write this blog post...

No comments:

Post a Comment